Wednesday 20 October 2010

Welcome to my blog

Hi and welcome to my new blog. The aim of this blog is simple, to encourage me to complete wargames projects.

After many years of wargaming I have a mind full of ideas for battles and campaigns, so much so that they all seem to get in the way of each other. My interest in any given period waxes and wanes with each book I read, each show I attend, and especially each time I see some bonny new figures.

After 20 years of wargaming I feel the time is right to try and complete some of these projects and the best motivator to do this would be public exposure to my lack of progress.

I started wargaming at the age of eight playing Napoleonics with my dad. Throughout comprehensive school I played the range of Gamesworkshop games before joining a local club while at university and getting back into historical gaming. For the past ten years I have attend the North Tyneside club and for the past six months the SheffieldRotherham club.

The initial periods I am going to concentrate on are Punic Wars, Late Republican Roman, Wars of the Roses and from the Napoleonic period the Peninsular War and the 1809 Danube campaign. I'll go into the detail about where I am and where I want to get to with each period in future posts but for the moment i'll just say that all the period require armies to be completed before anything else can progress.

As well as posts about ideas and progress towards these ongoing projects I plan to make regular posts on whatever I am currently playing, painting, visiting or reading. The post will be my own thoughts and are meant to help me clarify and develop ideas. I welcome any comments you have on my posts and hope that some of the material I plan to produce for the projects will be of wider use.

This is my first ever blog so excuse my style. I hope it will improve with experience.

Thanks for taking the time to read this blog
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment